WHAT TO REMEMBER WHEN TRAVELING WITH YOUR CANINE COMPANION
Source: Rising Sun (Extract)
Posted: May 28, 2021
LIFT Airlines launches dog-friendly flights and your pup can travel onboard with you.
For the first time in South Africa, passengers can fly with their pups onboard as long as they are in a carry-on bag placed under the seat in front of them.
This is what you need to know:
- To qualify for travel, your dog has to be at least 10 weeks old and weigh no more than eight kilograms in order to fit into a 28cm x 20cm x 45xm carry bag.
- Only a limited number of pets are allowed to travel on selected flights (It’s two dogs per flight for now).
- Dog-owners have to book the service at least 72 hours before the travel date.
- A dog’s booking costs the same as the fare paid by the accompanying adult.
- Dog-owners must arrive at the airport at least two hours before departure for clearance checks.
- There are dog-friendly zones clearly demarcated on the aircraft and the booking website.
- LIFT hopes to introduce on-board cat travel soon.
OCTOBER 13, 2021
CAPE TOWN TEEN DEDICATES HIS TIME TO HELP SICK STRAY DOGS
Sivikele Mgwadleka, 13, from Philippi, Cape Town, says he “can’t wait” to finish school so he can study to become a veterinarian. >>
OCTOBER 13, 2021
RABIES IN WESTERN CAPE: OFFICIALS PLEAD WITH RESIDENTS TO VACCINATE PETS AFTER RABID DOG EUTHANISED
Western Cape residents have been urged to be extra cautious with their pets after yet another rabies case was detected – this time in Gordon’s Bay. >>
OCTOBER 10, 2021
CANINE CAPER: CAPE TOWN WOMAN PAYS R500 RANSOM AFTER DOG KIDNAPPED ON TABLE MOUNTAIN
A Cape Town woman was forced to pay a R500 ransom to a gang of dog-nappers after her 12-year-old Jack Russel, named Jolie, was taken on Table Mountain on Saturday. >>