WHAT TO REMEMBER WHEN TRAVELING WITH YOUR CANINE COMPANION
Source: Rising Sun (Extract)
Posted: May 28, 2021
LIFT Airlines launches dog-friendly flights and your pup can travel onboard with you.
For the first time in South Africa, passengers can fly with their pups onboard as long as they are in a carry-on bag placed under the seat in front of them.
This is what you need to know:
- To qualify for travel, your dog has to be at least 10 weeks old and weigh no more than eight kilograms in order to fit into a 28cm x 20cm x 45xm carry bag.
- Only a limited number of pets are allowed to travel on selected flights (It’s two dogs per flight for now).
- Dog-owners have to book the service at least 72 hours before the travel date.
- A dog’s booking costs the same as the fare paid by the accompanying adult.
- Dog-owners must arrive at the airport at least two hours before departure for clearance checks.
- There are dog-friendly zones clearly demarcated on the aircraft and the booking website.
- LIFT hopes to introduce on-board cat travel soon.
AUGUST 6, 2022
WHY CATS LOVE PEOPLE WHO HATE THEM
Cats love people who hate them because the reluctance to stroke and fuss them gives the feline the control and independence it needs, a study has found. >>
AUGUST 5, 2022
HEAVEN ON EARTH: TIKTOK VIDEO OF BAXTER’S LAST MEAL GOES VIRAL
Ellie Buckler from Blackpool, in the United Kingdom, wanted to give her beloved Shar Pei, Baxter, a divine last meal before he crosses over the rainbow bridge. >>