We’re excited and honoured to feature South Africa’s second largest independent animal welfare organisation on PetlifeSA for one year, starting July 2019.
Basic Dog Biscuits
These biscuits can be customised to cater for your canine’s palate by adding bacon bits, liver powder or shredded cheese.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (can be substituted with regular flour or oats)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon beef or chicken stock granules
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
Optional: Add bacon bits, liver powder, shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Dissolve stock in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball
- Roll dough until 1cm thick
- Cut into slices or bone shapes (using a bone shaped cookie cutter)
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Preparation: 30-40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: ± 60 minutes
Servings: ± 20 biscuits, depending on size of biscuits!