We’re excited and honoured to feature South Africa’s second largest independent animal welfare organisation on PetlifeSA for one year, starting July 2019.
Recipe: Basic Dog Biscuits
These biscuits can be customised to cater for your canine’s palate by adding bacon bits, liver powder or shredded cheese.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (can be substituted with regular flour or oats)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon beef or chicken stock granules
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
Optional: Add bacon bits, liver powder, shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Dissolve stock in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball
- Roll dough until 1cm thick
- Cut into slices or bone shapes (using a bone shaped cookie cutter)
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Preparation: 30-40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: ± 60 minutes
Servings: ± 20 biscuits, depending on size of biscuits!