LIFESTYLE & MORE
AACL – Animal Anti-Cruelty League
We’re excited and honoured to feature South Africa’s second largest independent animal welfare organisation on PetlifeSA.
Dog Biscuits For Breakfast
A gluten-free breakfast biscuit made with yummy ingredients. You can join in too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour (plus more for dusting)
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 strips crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium sized carrot, shredded and chopped into very small pieces
- 1 egg
- 5 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Use two large baking trays and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together to form a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a brown rice floured work surface and use a rolling pin to roll out 5mm thick. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Arrange the shapes on the baking trays and bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Store biscuits in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Note: Instead of brown rice flour, you can use quinoa flour instead.