LIFESTYLE & MORE
AACL – Animal Anti-Cruelty League
We’re excited and honoured to feature South Africa’s second largest independent animal welfare organisation on PetlifeSA.
Recipe: Puppy Cookies
Your puppy will love these healthy cookies … and they are salt free!
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use two large baking trays and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together to form a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll out 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or simply use a pizza cutter.
- Arrange the shapes on the baking trays and prick the centre of each cookie with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes and turn the oven off, keeping the oven door closed. Leave the cookies in the oven for about 1-2 hours until hard.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
* Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your dog may have.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: ± 120 minutes
Servings: Depends on size of your pet’s appetite